The new RTE Program can be accessed via our website at www.digline.com. At the top right corner of our home page, you will see “Request a Locate.”
- Select and you will be directed to the Line Locate Request Form page. With your mouse, click on the ‘Excavator with an ID number’ option. Be sure to read the Notice & check “I have read & understand the notice.”
- Next, at the Locate Information page, enter your User ID and password. Your user ID will be your ID number with Dig Line and your password will be the last four digits of the main phone number on your ID number with Dig Line. Usually, this is the office phone number and/or main number for the company. If your password will not work, please contact us. Once entered, all of the information that Dig Line has on file for the corresponding ID number will automatically fill in the blanks for the Excavator’s Information. Please note that the E-mail field may be blank. You must enter a valid email in order for the locate to process.
- What is the Excavator/Owner field? In this field, we need you to input who will be doing the actual digging. If it is your company doing the actual digging work, then we need to know who it is you are doing the work for. For example, if you are doing the work for a Homeowner, we need you to type in “Homeowner” and their last name. If you are doing the work for a developer or another company, please provide us with this information.
- Dig Site Physical Location – Enter the city in which the work is taking place. If this is in an unincorporated area, please enter the city that would be closest to your location. You can enter the first 3-4 letters of your city, click “Search” and the system will automatically bring up any cities corresponding with the letters you have entered. Use the drop down menu below the city field to choose which city the excavation will be taking place in.
- Subdivision/Lot/Block – This field is just below the city information. All or some of this is very helpful to our locators, if available.
- Address – The first field will be the numbered street address. The next is the street name. This is searchable like the city. You may enter the first few letters of the street name or the entire street name and will be given a drop down menu corresponding with the information you have input in this field. If the street name is not available on the drop down menu, you may input the street name on the next field, “Specify if not listed”.Once the addressing and street information is complete, the database will pull all of the streets intersecting with your specified street. Again, you can use the drop down menu to select your closest intersecting street. If you had chosen to enter a street that was not available in the database, you will have to manually enter your intersecting street(s).
- Latitude and Longitude – Dig Line is currently working on address search by Latitude and Longitude. However, this information is unable to be used, if provided, at this time. You will be notified when this changes.
- Legal Land Description (Township/Range/Section) – This is very helpful to provide to us if your street and/or intersecting street(s) did not come up in our database.
- Dig Site Information – It will first begin with the Work Start Date and Time. This will automatically default to 2 business days from the time you are submitting the request. Please note that only Standard Locate Requests can be submitted via the RTE program. At this time, we are not accepting Emergency, Priority, 2nd Requests or Meet Requests via RTE.
- Work Type – There is a drop down menu that lists all of our available work types. Please choose the one that best fits your reason for excavation. If this is not available, please input at the field to the left under “Specify if not listed”.
- Exact Dig Location – Please select any of the options that may apply to your dig location (i.e. private property, street right of way, etc.)
- Spotting/Marking – There are two fields in this category. First is the Digging Instructions. In this field, you will describe where on the property the digging is taking place. If you are digging on the entire property, out to and including the entire Street Right of Way. Please describe in words here. If you are just digging on the East side of the property, indicate that portion of the property only. The next field in the Spotting/Marking category is the Remarks field. This field is used to give helpful information such as dogs in yard, any premarkings, crew’s onsite, etc.
- Finally, you are given the option to attach an optional sketch. If you would like to do so, you may attach a .jpg file of your map. The file can be no larger than 1 MB. We cannot accept Aerial maps or Google Earth maps. Many of our members/locators receive the locate requests and maps via fax, and these types of maps simply do not print out legibly. The more color and/or ink on your map, the less likely the site map will transmit properly.
- You are now ready to submit your locate request. If you would like to cancel the order, you may also do so. If there are any fields left blank, it will return you to the request form and ask you to complete these fields before moving forward. Once completed, you will be asked to verify all of the information you have entered before moving forward. Please read all of the information in the “Important Notice” Section at the bottom.If you need to make any changes to your request, you can click on “Correct Your Information” and will be brought back to the Editing page. If all of the information you entered is correct, you may click on the “Send Request” button.
- The next page you will be brought to is your WEB confirmation number. This means the ticket has been sent to our office for verification. This is not an Idaho Dig Line Ticket number. It is used for tracking your request. Your actual ticket number will be sent to you via fax or email once the operators at Dig Line have verified and sent your request to our member utility companies. Please allow 1 hours to receive the ticket number & confirmation. If you do not receive the confirmation within one hour, please feel free to contact our office at 1-800-342-1585.
- You may now choose to either go back to our home page or submit another request. If you choose to click on “New Request”, you will be brought back to the RTE page and all of your information will still be there.
Some Things to Remember:
- Only Standard Locate Requests can be submitted via the RTE program. At this time, we are not accepting Emergency, Priority, 2nd Requests or Meet Requests.
- You will notice the “Help” buttons throughout the RTE page. You may click on this button for information on that particular field.
- On some of the fields, there is a red asterisk; this indicates that this is a required field. If the field is left blank, the system will not let you process the request.
- While it is very helpful to provide us with a map, it is still equally important to provide us with locate instructions in words as well.
- You will notice the following under “Important Notice” just before you send your request. By sending the requests, you are understanding and accepting responsibility to the terms and conditions in the Important Notice, which reads as follows:
A Confirmation of the above information will be sent to you by E-mail. Verify all information for accuracy. Idaho Dig Line only notifies member utilities; any utilities in the area of the excavation that are not listed on the confirmation, should be called directly. The Utilities require you to hand-dig within 2 feet of either side of the buried utility. Depth is not guaranteed. The description of work that you provide is the only area to be located.
Idaho Dig Line has up to 3 hours to enter this Web Ticket request provided Idaho Dig Line received it by 4:00 p.m. on the work day it was submitted. (Monday thru Friday, excluding holidays). If Idaho Dig Line received your Web Ticket request after 4:00 p.m. or on a weekend or a holiday, Idaho Dig Line has until 10:00 a.m. the following work day morning (Monday thru Friday, excluding weekends and holidays) to enter the ticket. You agree and understand that the two business day notification starts on the above mentioned times. The underground facility owners listed on your ticket copy should have their facilities marked by the “Locate By Date & Time.”
Idaho Dig Line is not responsible for lost or misdirected E-mail. It is the responsibility of the requestor to contact Idaho Dig Line by phone within a reasonable time after submission if you have not received your confirmation within 3 hours. You cannot legally start digging until two working days after the date and time on your confirmation.
If any errors are detected on the confirmation, please call Idaho dig Line immediately so a correction notice can be issued.