Expedite your time spent on the telephone with us. If you have several locate requests, call in afternoons, evenings or on weekends rather than during our busy morning hours. An even faster method is use our Web Ticket Entry or download our fax-a-locate form. It allows you to request locates without spending time on the phone.
When calling Dig Line (811 or 1-800-342-1585) for a locate request, these are some of the questions asked:
1. What is your name or if you are a professional excavator, you Digline Contractor ID ?
2. Is there an alternate day time telephone number or cell number you can be reached at ?
3. Will you be on private property, in the road right-of-way, or both ?
4. What type of work are you doing ?
5. Who are you doing the work for or if homeowner, are you hiring a professional excavator?
6. What is the name of the town and physical address where excavation will be done?
7. What is the nearest intersecting street ?
8. What is the lot, block, and subdivision ? (if applicable)
9. Where will you be digging at the given address ?
10. Will you have the area Pre-marked ?
You can expect for your underground utilities to be marked no later than 2 business days after the day and time of your original request. To expedite your request, it is helpful to have the location of work Pre-marked with white paint. Once lines are marked you are expected to comply with Idaho Code.
The way that these lines will be identified by the various utilities are defined by the following legend: